LowBiasForums

Full Version: When Forever Ends Pt 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When Forever Ends

part 2

Falling, the feeling of everything in the world crashing down... than nothing? Shifting around he remembered what happened; the incoming missiles, the explosion, and even cutting the rope from fifty feet above the ground. Even remembered hitting the ground and all the pains that came with it. The last thing he remembered was seeing his wife's angelic face above him; smeared with black paint and a look of shock.
It was at that moment when his eyes shot open, his wife, what happened to her? where was she? was she alright? Then the thought hit him, was he dead? He should be...

Looking around him all he saw was light; almost the feeling that he was speeding through it, or was it passing him by? Almost like he was running but as he looked down, his feet weren't even moving then it hit him, wasn't he just lying down? Suddenly the light around him began to dim and the first thought was that he was dreaming, than his memory began to click. This was not a dream; the flying glass, the smell of burning flesh, and the whizzing of gunfire. It was all happening, except... he could pick out the individual shards of glass, even the bullets as they all flew around him. It was war on his senses in slow motion. Feeling himself turn around he saw people. Figures in buildings all surrounding him, raining down bullets that seemed to fly straight through his body.

That was when he saw her, she was taking shelter behind the remains of an old stone wall and by her side propped up was his limp form... Trying to yell out for her, trying to get to her he struggled wildly but was held back by invisible bonds. Suddenly there was a voice beside him,

"You can do nothing to save her, so stop trying"

Out of nowhere the figure belonging to the voice stepped in front of him.

"Why are you so careless? This is the second time you have been here and viewed life as I have and yet your still so eager to be killed again."

Staring at this stranger with his mouth agap, still struggling to comprehend what was said.

The man continued, "Rusty, I know what is going on, I know you won't want to believe this but right now there is seriously nothing that you can do. For all intents and purposes you are dead, the majority of your team is dead, and as your wife and unborn child die so will any hope for the future of your world."

With this new revelation Rusty stood in shock for a moment as despair washed over him, then gathering all his feelings he launched himself at the stranger, who glided away; his dark cape rippling behind him.

"Come now man, you should be honored to meet me, after all you are the only person that has seen me like this in quite a long time"

With that the black robed man eased the hood over the back of his head revealing... quite literally nothing. Where this mans head should of been was instead a black, glowing orb, With no mouth visible and only a pair of large yellow eyes.

The stranger spoke in even a more raspy tone "Let me introduce myself, My name is Death. More of your kind may refer to me as the grim reaper, but tha'ts so morbid, isn't it?"

Seeing Rusty's disbelieving face he turned.

As he turned the silent and seemingly shocked man began to cackle with laughter. Turning, Death glared at the man and began to drift slowly back to him.

"Not many can truly laugh in the face of death, but than we also both know that you aren't afraid of me in the slightest, considering all the battles you have walked away from and have come so close to meeting me before."

I cannot say that I am surprised either, but just remember human, This is where I make the rules, and there is where I control who lives, and who dies" Death gestures off to his side, to where the brave woman held her ground from seemingly endless hostiles.

"You cannot change what is to happen human, You can only accept it and know that there is absolutely nothing that you can do."

The world suddenly began to shrink around them as the mans anger grew, as Rusty began to realize what Death was telling him.

Gazing into his eyes Death tells him, "Yes, she is going to die, you will watch her die and it will hurt. But your pain means nothing to me, you just need to fulfill your destiny"

"And what destiny is that?" Snaps Rusty.

With that Death laughs and responds, "Your destiny is that which is something only you can do, something you are very good at. To kill. The more you kill the more satisfied you will become, the pain you feel from your wife's death will motivate you to do things you've never dreamed of and all that Pain, sorrow, grief and Death you cause; will make me stronger. Then I won't need to worry about any of this anymore, for I will finally be welcome in your world, where I will be unstoppable."

Rusty listened to the thing in front of him speak, his anger getting more unstable by the second, the only thing on his mind was to bring as much pain to the thing in front of him as possible; to get back to his wife, and to prevent the things Death had foretold.

"I can see your feelings human, you needn't attempt to hide it from me, Besides shouldn't you be paying more attention to the world around you."

Once again Death swept his around, gesturing as the view of the world once again changed, zooming out.

Rusty saw in horrifying detail as the trooper closest to wife was shot in the head, from a sniper in the rear of their position. As his wife turned to watch the man fall dead, she let loose a quick volley of shots into the window where the hidden shooter lay. With that momentary distraction another figure launched himself over the crumbling wall in front of her, swinging his pistol around and letting loose a round that hit her in the shoulder, sending her falling to the ground with a sharp cry.

Hearing his wife's plight and feeling her pain causes Rusty to break free of the bonds restraining him. Reaching out to the robed figure he grabbed the cloak and tugged forward causing Death to stumble backwards. Swinging his right arm around his fist connected with the side of Deaths head. The propulsion of the sudden move, and inhuman force launched Death onto the ground.

As this all happened, the scene changed into a blur as Death lost focus.

Rusty was almost shocked as the battleground he was on changed into a darkly lit room, but blinded by his rage he followed Death to the floor.

Flipping it onto its back and pounding its dark face with a flurry of fists.

As Death lay there with his assailant letting loose on him with all his anger, hatred and sense of being; all he could feel was pain. The same human pain that Rusty felt when he saw the bullet tear through the flesh of the one he loved.

In complete fear and utter shock Death felt himself fading, knowing he was no longer in control he did the only thing he could.... cry and beg for the human to stop.

Next Chapter

Helplessness

Knowing is only half the battle, but when she felt the sharp pain go through her shoulder she knew it was all over. Her husband was gone, her team was gone and she knew that she was next.

Her only wish at this point was that they would get it over with, so she could rest in peace with the man of her dreams, the man she had lived and now, was dying for.

Instinctively as she was shot, Jessika grabbed for her wound and cried out in pain as she was pushed to the ground. As her body fell she was barely able to make out what was happening around her. Her husbands body propped up against the broken stone wall, her weapons around her, the rubble and the corpses of her team scattered around her.

The thought of losing, and the pain spiking through her shoulder, even the fear as armed masked men surrounded her, all of it paled in comparison to the loss of her husband.

All the things they had shared, the happiness, his laugh, and his love.

She knew it wasn't enough, but it would all be over soon.