LowBiasForums

Full Version: Incoming LP - Megaman: The Wily Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RMWorldWilyWars_zps33950ad5.jpg]

Because I know how much Jason loves remakes Laughing The Wily Wars, AKA Rockman: Mega World, is what I like to call the Mario All-Stars of the Megaman series. The first three games of the series were remastered in 16-bit, with one new game added, Wily Tower. It was released for the Genesis only in Japan and Europe; the only kind of release it saw in North America was on the Sega Channel. (However, I do own a reproduction cart that plays on an American Genesis.)
This game has its ups and downs in comparison to the NES games. While I do still prefer the NES games, this version is a cool one to get out now and then, and I've wanted to LP it for awhile now.
It was a neat idea that would have worked much better on the SNES than it did on the Genesis...
use bubble lead in the wily tower mode, yo
(02-28-2014, 10:43 AM)Jason Wrote: [ -> ]It was a neat idea that would have worked much better on the SNES than it did on the Genesis...

I know. After playing Megaman 7 and seeing all of the neat little call-backs it gave to previous games, I thought back then how cool it would be if there was a Mario All-Stars compilation of 1-6, done in the style of MM7. It wasn't until years later that I came upon this, since 1) I was a SNES kid rather than a Genesis kid, and 2) it didn't even get a proper North American release. The next closest thing would be the two arcade games, which do bring back a lot of the old bosses in the MM7 style, though those games are just one big boss rush.