Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Update Comprete!
Well mostly anyway. I'm sure there are still a few wrinkles that will need to be ironed out, but we'll get there... no doubt.

Anyway... what's changed?

Well... if you've been playing along at home you'll know we changed from mybb 1.6.* to 1.8.*. What does that mean? Well click here and find out... if you're into that kinda thing.

After all that technical mumbo jumbo, some other things have changed as well.

Obviously with the forum update through a big version change like that some of the layout has been changed. I had to create a new theme from scratch to match with our old one and the rest of the site as the old that was made for 1.6 had some code wizardry in it that 1.8 just didn't want to accept. That should be mostly fixed now.

We had an ajax error with the shoutbox that has been fixed so it's working as it should be now. Images are also now allowed in the box with clever use of the [img] tag. Though please do try and keep them from being 1080p size background images. 600ish pixels should be plenty.

I'm going to play around with the text editor a bit to see if I can't get it to better match with the surroundings. It's a little bright and glary I think, but if you folks like it I'll leave it alone.

The award system that was integrated for the Man-Grit challenges needs a bit of an overhaul and I'll be working on that when I've got some time.

Oh there's also Portal functionality now. Not the game... click the portal button at the top and see.

Speaking of the top, I'll be getting those links fixed as soon as possible... perhaps even bringing the header from the main site and integrating it over here.

Also speaking of integration, your login and all that will work fine in the main site as well. Nothing should have changed on that one for ya.

So...... if you see anything weird or strange let an Admin know and we'll get it looked at and fixed if it's a problem asap.

Shank you!