LowBiasForums

Full Version: Metroid Man-Grit: Man-Grit Challenge 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Man-Grit challenges are simple to understand:
-No save states, not even for saving.
-No turbo controls! This goes for the inclusion of certain games I may or may not have Man-Grit challenges for in the future that have turbo built-in too.
-No cheats! No using any cheats of any kind. This can be anywhere from built-in codes, game genie/shark/ action replay stuff, or even glitch exploits. The only exceptions are for glitches that are nigh unavoidable.

This is pure Man-Grit, here. You play the game like it was meant. And you play it good!

Today's Man-Grit challenge is for Metroid on the NES.

How you participate is simple. You record yourself playing the game. If you get caught breaking a rule, you lose your Man-Grit. If you can successfully beat the game, you earn your Man-Grit. If you have to take a break, use the game's way of letting you do that: passwords. And I want to see you punch in that code each time!

Bonus Man-Grit for those who 100% the game (get all treasures), but not necessary.

Completion earns 3 Man-Grit, bonus completion earns 1 more Man-Grit. Breaking any rules expels all Man-Grit.

Hop to it, Grit-less!

Edit: It is brought to my attention on Metroid's ambiguity for 100% completion. So, here's the list of optional stuff:

-You only need 6 of the 8 E-tanks as you can only have 6 tanks max. You are allowed to use those other 2 at anytime for instant full health.

-Only one ice beam is necessary for 100%.

-Wave beam is not necessary as you'll need to replace it with Ice Beam anyway.

THE GRITTY VICTORS:
[Image: ooxoN9j.png]
JadePharaoh - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzoSKem2U84&feature=player_detailpage

[Image: s6EnxvZ.png]
Jason - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSoEHPCfU8Y&list=PLUOrSPXEG4aO496ZK9RfjQPTVkgBH_B5W

The Grit gauge so far:

Jade - 3 [Image: ooxoN9j.png]
Jason - 4 [Image: s6EnxvZ.png]
Meowskivich - 8000000

P.S.
Remember, you can retry for more Man-Grit! Your highest Man-Grit score is what you'll keep, so if you don't do a 100% run this time, you can try again in the future!
Sweet. I'm in the middle of some Metroid LPs anyway; I think I'll take this up too.
No sweat.
Question on the 100%ings...

There are 2 ice beams in the game, do we need to get both to get 100%? Also, of the 8 energy tanks in game only 6 are available. Do we need to get all 8 or shall 6 be sufficient enough for this challenge?
all 8 tanks must be obtained, only one ice beam needs be acquired.

edit: actually, only get 6 tanks, the other 2 aren't required. mostly because I don't really care since it's not adding anything
Ah; well, my run is not 100% because I don't think I got every missile expansion. I think I did comment on the ambiguity as I was recording, however, due to the fact that the Ice Beam and Wave Beam don't stack and you pretty much need the Ice Beam to finish the game anyway. So I just grabbed the one in Brinstar and kept it for the remainder of the game.
Man-Grit award of 3 grit. Good job. Total grits will be held at the top for now, and I shall post links to the Gritty's videos for all to see.
I'm doing so more fancy re-editing with mine... they'll be getting uploaded this evening.
Pages: 1 2