LowBiasForums

Full Version: My amiibo Check List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As some of you have gathered from some of my Facebook posts, I have been drawn into the Great amiibo Hunt. These Nintendo figurines that can be used to unlock various features in a multitude of Wii U (and now 3DS) games have become highly sought-after collectors' items ever since the very first wave. Afterward it has been extremely difficult to track down a lot of them; I see store shelves overflowing with the same Marios, Luigis, Peaches, Bowsers, Yoshis, and Pikachus, and hardly anything else, maybe a few Links and/or Zeldas to shake things up a bit.

Part of the distribution woes may have to do with the Periphery Demographic, which sadly leads to the common perception of Nintendo being "kiddy"; Nintendo felt that kids would be the primary consumers, so they release lots of the "kid friendly" characters like Mario, Yoshi, and Pikachu, while characters that are more appreciated by older audiences such as Samus, Pit, Captain Falcon, Ness, and the like, get released in more limited quantities. Not helping matters was the decision to make certain ones retailer-exclusive in North America, examples include MetaKnight (Best Buy exclusive), Jigglypuff (Target exclusive), Gold Mario (Walmart exclusive), Ness (GameStop exclusive), and Palutena (Amazon exclusive). And this has only been occurring more often in the later waves. Region matters too. I understand Fire Emblem is much more popular in Japan and Europe than in North America, so the figures of Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin are much easier to find there than here. Japan has distributed them much better all around, with none of this exclusivity BS,  so just as it is with certain retro games, I've found it cheaper to import certain amiibos rather than buy the American ones (they're exactly the same and they thankfully are not region-locked) Certain figurines also are coming in multi-packs/bundles. I learned the hard way that I should have preordered the Splatoon three-pack ASAP rather than try to track them down separately; the Inkling Squid amiibo is only available in that three-pack in North America, and only available in Europe in a bundle with a copy of the game. Japan is the only region where it's available separately.

Anyway, with that all out of the way, I thought I'd just post a checklist here of my collection.

(blue means I own it, red means I don't)

Super Smash Bros.  (I've included ones that haven't been released yet, but will be in the near future)
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Yoshi
- Rosalina
- Bowser Jr.
- Dr. Mario

- Wario
- Link
- Zelda
- Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Toon Link
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Samus Aran
- Zero Suit Samus
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Charizard
- Lucario
- Greninja
- Mewtwo

- Kirby
- King Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Captain Falcon
- Pit
- Palutena
- Dark Pit
- Ness
- Lucas
- Fox McCloud
- Falco Lombardi
- Marth
- Ike
- Lucina
- Robin
- Roy
- Corrin
- Mr. Game & Watch
- R.O.B

- R.O.B (Famicom color scheme)
- Olimar
- Wii-Fit Trainer
- Villager
- Little Mac
- Duck Hunt
- Shulk
- Megaman
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Pac-man
- Ryu
- Cloud Strife
- Bayonetta
- Mii Brawler
- Mii Swordsman
- Mii Gunner

Super Mario Bros.
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Yoshi
- Toad
- Wario
- Waluigi
- Daisy
- Rosalina
- Boo
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Mario (silver)
- Mario (gold)

Splatoon
- Inkling (female, orange)
- Inkling (female, green)

- Inkling (male, blue)
- Inkling (male, purple)

- Inkling (squid, green)
- Inkling (squid, orange)
- Callie
- Marie

Yoshi's Wooly World
- Yarn Yoshi (green)
- Yarn Yoshi (pink)
- Yarn Yoshi (blue)
- Mega Yarn Yoshi

Super Mario Bros: 30th Anniversary
- 8-bit Mario (classic color scheme)
- 8-bit Mario (modern color scheme)

The Legend of Zelda
- Wolf Link & Midna (Twilight Princess)

- 8-bit Link (The Legend of Zelda)
- Link (Ocarina of Time)
- Toon Link (Wind Waker)
- Zelda (Wind Waker)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Link (archer)
- Link (rider)
- Zelda
- Bokoblin
- Guardian

Kirby
- Kirby
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
- Waddle Dee

Skylanders: SuperChargers
- Hammer Slam Bowser
- Turbo Charge Donkey Kong
- Dark Hammer Slam Bowser
- Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong

Chibi Robo: Zip Lash
- Chibi Robo

Animal Crossing

- Isabelle (Winter/Autumn outfit)
- Isabelle (Summer/Spring outfit)
- Tom Nook
- K. K. Slider
- Lottie
- Reese
- Cyrus

- Mabel
- Digby
- Resetti
- Blathers
- Celeste
- Kicks
- Timmy & Tommy Nook
- Kapp'n
- Rover

Shovel Knight
- Shovel Knight

Megaman Legacy Collection
- Megaman (gold)
For those wondering "What do they do?", here's a little list of some of the things they unlock in various games. This is by no means a complete list as I don't own every game that's compatible, but I'll add things as I find them:

Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
- Scanning an amiibo of any playable character from the game (even from different sets, like the Super Mario lineup) creates a "Figure Player" of that character that you can then train and spar with in standard Smash matches. It levels up as it fights (LV 50 is the current cap), and you can also customize it with the various equipment found in the game. Also, the more it fights, the more equipment, trophies, and coins it will pick up for you.

Mario Kart 8
- Scanning any of the following amiibos will unlock a racing outfit for your Mii character based on that particular character: Mario (or Dr. Mario), Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina, Wario, Donkey Kong, Link (or Toon Link), Samus (or Zero Suit Samus), Kirby, Fox, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Villager, Megaman, Sonic, and Pac-man.

Hyrule Warriors
- Scanning a Link (or Toon Link) amiibo for the first time will unlock the Spinner weapon for Link. Scanning a Link/Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, or Ganondorf amiibo will give you a high-rank weapon for that respective character. Scanning any other amiibo will award you with a random low-rank weapon, material, or rupees. You cannot scan the same amiibo more than once per day, and you cannot scan more than five amiibos per day. Oddly, the Wolf Link/Midna amiibo behaves like one of the miscellaneous amiibos, rather than give a high-rank weapon for Midna.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Scanning a Toad amiibo will unlock a hide-and-seek minigame where you must find a 8-bit Toad somewhere in one of the levels. Scanning any other amiibo will give you a 1-Up.

Splatoon
- Scanning one of the Inkling amiibos will unlock bonus challenges for different stages in the single-player campaign. Completing them will reward you with new equipment, weapons, and mini-games.

Super Mario Maker

- Scanning a 8-bit Mario amiibo will allow you to place Mega Mushrooms in your level. Scanning any other amiibo will create a "Mystery Mushroom" that changes Mario into a 8-bit sprite of that specific character. In other words, you can make any amiibo character playable in your levels!!

Yoshi's Woolly World
- Scanning any amiibo will give your Yarn Yoshi a new appearance based on the character that was scanned. In addition, collecting five special yarn balls in any stage will also unlock a new appearance for Yarn Yoshi. Any of these can be copied to any Yarn Yoshi amiibo; if it is scanned in any stage, it will insert that Yoshi into the stage as a double of the player that responds to the same control inputs.

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival
- The amiibos from the Animal Crossing set act as your game pieces in this board game much like Mario Party, only in the Animal Crossing universe. Also, that amiibo gains EXP after each game that will allow you to customize your game piece in-game. Scanning the Villager amiibo will replace the Gyroid statue in the town square with a golden Villager statue.

Megaman Legacy Collection
- Apparently the 3DS version will have additional bonus challenges not in the console versions that can be unlocked by scanning a Megaman or Gold Megaman amiibo (the Gold Megaman will be packaged with the Collector's Edition of the game).

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
- Scanning the Wolf Link + Midna amiibo will unlock a bonus dungeon in the game. As for the other Zelda amiibos, scanning a Link/Toon Link amiibo will replenish your arrows while a Zelda/Sheik amiibo will replenish your hearts. Sounds kinda broken, but you can only do this once every 24 hours, just like Hyrule Warriors. Scanning a Ganondorf amiibo, however, unlocks a hard mode where you take double damage from enemies! You can also register one of your save files to the Wolf Link + Midna amiibo, and scanning it at the title screen quick-loads that file automatically!

Amiibo Tap
- This one's admittingly a pretty blatant shill for both the amiibos and the Wii U Virtual Console. Scanning any amiibo will unlock a series of timed demos for a random NES or SNES game available on the VC.

Other games that utilize amiibo that I don't own:

Mario Party 10

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

Skylanders: SuperChargers

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy +

Codename: STEAM

Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS

One Piece: Super Grand Battle X (Which only came out in Japan. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)
There are 2 versions each of the DK and Bowser Superchargers Skylanders - regular and dark.
Added.

And I saw something when I was checking that out. Skylanders is gonna have the same problem as the European version of Splatoon, only four times worse. There are apparently five different "Starter Pack" bundles across three consoles (Wii, Wii U, and 3DS), and each of these four amiibos is only available in one of them. Meaning I'd have to buy four different versions of the game if I wanted them all. Sheesh, I hear Nintendo said they were going to try to improve distribution overseas, but this isn't helping...
Yeah... My current plan is to get the Dark WiiU pack and the regular Wii or 3DS pack so I can get Dark DK and regular Bowser.
Here's a list of the retailer-exclusive amiibo that I'm aware of:

Best Buy exclusive
- MetaKnight
- Dark Pit
- Falco

GameStop exclusive
- Shulk
- Ness
- Duck Hunt/R.O.B./Mr. Game & Watch retro 3-pack
- Roy

Toys 'R Us exclusive
- Luicario
- Greninja
- Bowser Jr.
- Mii Brawler/Swordsman/Gunner 3-pack

Target exclusive
- Rosalina
- Jigglypuff
- Dr. Mario

Walmart exclusive
- Gold Mario

Amazon exclusive
- Palutena
- ChibiRobo
Something neat about the Mr. Game & Watch amiibo. Due to the nature of his character, the Mr. Game & Watch figurine is very simple. To compensate for that, he comes with a total of four different figurines that can be placed on the amiibo pedestal.
[Image: 494.png]
I got my Game & Watch
I have a 8-bit Mario; I'm surprised a bit how big and chunky it is compared to the other amiibos.
The only amiibo I really wanted was Ness (might want Lucas too, if it releases). It sold out immediately. My birthday was this week and my girlfriend was able to find one for me online in box.

But...it was the Japanese version. I have no idea if I think that's cooler or not. I also don't know if it works with western Wii Us. I'd think not, causing Nintendo seems to still like region locking.
Pages: 1 2