Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon

- This has to be a very interesting episode plot-wise...
- So not only does this episode have some political intrigue, but Protoman appears to pull a heel>face turn to help Megaman!!
- One strange thing, however. Dr. Light says (regarding Protoman), "I used the same ethical circuit for him that I used in you, Mega...". But the first episode demonstrated that Dr. Light did not build Protoman; Dr. Wily appeared to do so on his own. I feels like a bit of a plothole...
- Of course, Protoman's defection turned out to be a ploy, anyway...
- Lots of robot masters of the week this time!! Elecman, Heatman, Needleman, and Brightman. What's noteworthy is that Heatman and Needleman look SPOT-ON with their original artwork while Elecman and Brightman still have their off-model appearances so they seem to clash quite a bit...
- Megaman: "I've always wanted a real brother relationship with you."
Protoman: "Y... you do...?!"
I rather like that exchange. While yeah, it's revealed early on that Protoman is faking in order to infiltrate the good guys, this line feels a lot more sincere...
- Once again, the second season introduced a couple of new series-exclusive suits/vehicles, and one that we see here is a flying suit for Megaman. Again, it's a little strange as there was already one in the games that involved him merging with Rush; again, I think this was purely for merchandising as there was a plan to introduce this to the toy line at the time.
- Wily's scheme this time; to replace all of the city's politicians and other important figures with his own robotic clones, body-snatchers style. Not half-bad, actually.
- Megaman and Protoman have another moment at the end here. A popular fan theory is that there was going to be an ACTUAL Protoman face-turn later on (with Bass taking Protoman's place as Wily's #2), but the cancellation of this series meant that we will never know for sure...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jade Rambles: Megaman - The Ruby-Spears Cartoon - by JadePharaoh - 02-10-2017, 07:19 AM