Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jade's Stream 5/6/17
My attempt to continue FF Tactics crashed and burned thanks to OBS and ePSX seemingly not being willing to play nice once again, so I went for the next best thing and that was doing some Megaman rom hacks!

Megaman 1: Bass Edition
Probably the poorest quality hack of the bunch. Really bad level design choices combined with some ugly redrawn boss sprites. At least the Bass sprite looked decent (although it would still revert to Megaman's palette after re-spawning sometimes)

Rockman 2: Deus Ex Machina
A super-hard hack of Megaman 2, in a similar vein as Rockman no Constancy, albiet much harder IMO. It's unfortunate, because the production value of the hack is otherwise pretty high, only it's so difficult it's going to be hard to make it far without relying on save-state-scumming.

Megaman 3: The Rise and Fall of Dr. Wily
I liked this one overall. It increased the challenge of the original game without being as insanely difficult as some of the others I've played. Only problem was that it only changed up the stages; the enemy and boss AI are all the same as before, so it's a matter of tough stages, easy bosses.

Megaman 4: Dr. Cossack's Revenge
This took me by surprise quite a bit. I've played Ridley X rom hacks before and they weren't as obscenely difficult as this one was (mostly due to enemies dealing and taking much more damage than they do normally). It might have been even harder than Deus Ex Machina, as I was unable to reach a single robot master this time, much less beat one!

Megaman 5: Hyperion
This one is comparable to the MM3 hack. It seems to mostly be a level hack with no noticeable difference in any other aspect. The levels are noticeably harder and longer than in the original game (I start to notice that the point where the level would end normally is the mid-point in this game!). Overall, a competent hack.