Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tales From The GoogleTube
We've all been to YouTube at least once in our lifetimes. Mostly to watch video games, people yelling, kittens, food or some combination of the bunch.

Lately, YouTube's been a launch site for unfunny people to get shows on Comedy Central... where they remain unfunny but now how a budget.

We've also all had some bad times with YouTube, and most of them have popped up after the Google buy out. Sometimes it's things that change in the layout, or the way subscriptions work or things like that.

What you can be sure of is that no one that uses the site is made away of this stuff until it actually happens... when it does we're left scratching out heads wondering what we did wrong to make the site work in such a drastically different way.

Here is where you can share your stories about The GoogleTubes.
So I'll start it off.

As you folks all know, I upload pretty frequently. The only time I don't is (usually) when I'm not able to due to computer or internet issues.

Well... being that I upload everyday and embed stuff everyday... I'm pretty familiar with the Video Manager and all the "under the hood" stuff at GoogleTube. Sometimes it's hard to find what I'm looking for because... well you'd think that you can get to something like... account defaults in account settings... and you'd be wrong.

Anyway... here's what I found today... something that I've never seen before...

These 3 little videos have been in the "review process" for almost 30 minutes now... who is reviewing them? What are they reviewing them for? What are the criteria for videos that need to be reviewed? If Shimmy Sham The Google Man doesn't think they're entertaining will they be denied space on the almighty GoogleTubes?

I'm sure there's not a room of people watching videos... this is Google after all and if they can make a phone do it, they'll hire a phone over a person and consequences be damned. But... really? A review process?

And here's the thing... I start these uploads every right before I head to bed... and none of that was mentioned or even there last night when I was looking in the upload section of the account. Only this morning, some 7 hours later when I was adding a video or two that was somehow skipped last night did this appear.