Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should we Kickstart the Past?
I certainly appreciate their efforts. In the case of Bloodstained, I am thrilled to see IGA take the reins of another game in the style of the other Castlevania games he was known for. Maybe I'm too much of a fanboy of the Castlevania games that came out in the IGA era, but the later Lords of Shadow games did nothing for me. LoS 1 & 2 don't look that appealing, and Mirror of Fate is a pale imitation of the open-ended exploration style of earlier games.

Whether you think the developer in question is truly passionate about the product or if they are just out for a quick cash-grab I suppose is a matter of one's own personal opinion, but from what I can tell, IGA's really into this project, as Keiji Inafune has been about Mighty #9. I've spoken plenty about my feelings on M#9 so far; both good and bad. Inafune does certainly have big dreams for it, and he appears quite passionate about it. But I do think he's moving along too quickly with it. I keep saying he should release the damn game first and see how it does before he starts talking about an animated series, a MM Legends style spin-off, etc.

What I don't like about all of this is how dependent they're going to be on crowdfunding. M#9 made just under four million dollars from its KickStarter. Apparently that wasn't enough, and Comcept then opened up a SECOND KickStarter to create more content. How dependent on crowdfunding is this franchise supposed to be? I understand the initial KickStarter to do exactly what it says on the tin, to get the money to spearhead this new project, but after that, shouldn't a successful franchise be able to stand on its own? I find it kinda skeezy to see them keep coming back to KickStarter to panhandle for more money again and again and again.

Messages In This Thread
Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 05-11-2015, 03:25 PM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by JadePharaoh - 05-11-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 05-11-2015, 11:33 PM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 05-12-2015, 07:19 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 05-12-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 05-14-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 06-23-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 06-23-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 06-23-2015, 09:50 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 07-06-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Ragnatz - 07-06-2015, 09:03 AM