Hey there! We'd just like to let you know that LowBiasGaming uses cookies to manage your website experience. More info can be found at our privacy policy.
Got it!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should we Kickstart the Past?
There are better ways to see how interested people will be in a game then asking them for money.

Say they hit their funding goal but the backers say "Ya know... we think we'll back out on this one." and then the game never gets made... but the kickstarter raised what it was supposed to. You're SOL as an "investor" at that point.

People sometimes call me narrow minded because I don't really like playing new games all that much... to them I say "Ok... show me a new game." And just about anything and everything they'll point at is a remake, a report, a new game in a series, or a revamp into HD from something that's from the same era of the games I'm playing anyway.

Hell I picked up some stuff in the latest humble bundle... one game is snake with walls, one is defender with awkward controls, one is a platformer puzzle that has a lot of physics jokes and it seems to be the best one of the lot so far... and it's one of the most different in the bunch.

I like different, I like new and exciting universes to immerse myself in when I'm playing games. That's why I bought those Baten Kaitos games and Vagrant Story and Lunar... that's why I love Supergiant and their games (Bastion and Transistor), that's why I used to super love Atlus and Enix and SquareSoft.

I'm running out of people to love that aren't dead, incorporated, "antique", "boutique" or just plain confused.

Messages In This Thread
Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 05-11-2015, 03:25 PM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 05-11-2015, 11:33 PM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 05-12-2015, 07:19 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 05-12-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 05-14-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 06-23-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by MephistoZX - 06-23-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 06-23-2015, 09:50 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 07-06-2015, 08:06 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Ragnatz - 07-06-2015, 09:03 AM
RE: Should we Kickstart the Past? - by Jason - 07-06-2015, 11:50 PM